Monday, September 21

20 min
Popper #7 focus on m17-40

Changed [F] m17-27 so shift to C nat/A is always 2/4. Marked in shift locations - usually I just mark F on shifts, but there were so many extra [F] marked in this Barenreiter ed. that I noted the shifts by arrows underneath the note so that I can see them more quickly when I am reading.

Tried the slow workup method, starting mm 1/8=96. Stopped at 112 to work on a couple of gestures.

m33 originally changed the [F] to 1-3, but then worked out timing on m32. Usually I keep 4 down on G to reduce poppage going to open A, but the timing seemed smoother at tempo to release 4 while simultaneously extending 1 backward for D# while playing the open A.

String crossings in m19-22 are still problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.