Monday, May 17

Mon 0:30 (~1700)

If I had my druthers, I'd take the day off after a concert. However, I have a cello lesson tonight, so needed to at least get my head back into lesson music, after a day of post-concert Svendsen ear worms.

10 min Suzuki Bk 1 from Perpetual Motion to the end. I think I'll ask to talk about the alternative bowings in PM and Etude (double 1/16th notes) at my lesson. It's the same bowing as in the A section of the Webster Scherzo we were talking about last week. I'll have T4- weigh in on the "petting the dog" analogy.

10 min Haydn C 1st mvmt 2nd theme to beginning of ds. I'm getting to the point that I can visualize the next chunk as I am setting on each held note. It's really conveniently written for that.

10 min Haydn C 2nd mvmt 1st statement. Not sure what bowing to use, so tried several. Checked in with the Wispelwey video to sort out the fingerings. What on earth did we do before YouTube?

You know it's going to be a good practice day when you hear the cello "lock in" with tuning. Does that mean my ear is hearing especially well today, or is the quality of the cello ringing? In any case, it's really ringing, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.