Wednesday, May 5

Wed 0:30 (1630-1730)

Thinking that what this blog has evolved into is not really a very good way to maintain a practice log. I did practice last week, probably about 3 hours total, with 2/3 of that yesterday working on orchestra music. But nothing got recorded. Not that there was much to record.

Today I got back to my 10 minute segments.

10 min Suzuki Bk 1, enough to play through Rigadoon. Most rewarding part was spending a few extra minutes with the tonalization instructing the student to listen for the ring. Realize I'm not doing that often enough, and that on Petra I can actually hear the ring as an extra note. I'm sure that exercise helped with intonation for the rest of the session.

10 min Svendsen Mvmt 1 two tricky bits. Used drone to help with shifting accuracy, intonation.

10 min Svendsen Mvmt 3 fast section. Worked with metronome qu = 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 90, 95. Limit for today. Recognized a couple of new subtle left and right hand patterns.

Not much, but achieved a satisfying amount of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.