Tuesday, April 27

Tue 1:05 (~1120 and 1600-1700)

Started with 10-15 min of Suzuki while waiting for the plumber. This is so exciting - whatever change "happened" at lesson last week seems to be persistent. I finally have a completely tension-free bow hand and am getting a great core cello sound by some mysterious coordination of all my body working together.

Then this afternoon sat down to work on Svendsen. Began with the tricky bits in the 1st mvmt, including the descending broken third patterns we discussed in my lesson yesterday. Piece of cake after recognizing the pattern and reviewing the standard fingering. Thanks, T4-. After about 20 minutes of careful review and reps I played the entire symphony with the recording, marking additional bits in the other mvmts that need practice. Don't think I am going to get to them today, but the piece is coming into focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.