Monday, April 12

Mon 0:50 (1545-1635)

Today is the second installment of the @EmilyCello No Tension Challenge. After warming up with open strings, slurps, and a lazy D MAJ galamian scale, I worked on the first half of the screechy part of Apres Un Reve, 25 reps of each of the two phrases. I had planned to do the whole thing, but 25 relaxed reps takes longer than I thought, plus John was absolutely driving me crazy climbing my back while I was trying to play.

There are 4 clips, because each was a failure. Yeah, if there had been a good one I would have just posted it. The first was surprisingly the best. I sat down and realized I couldn't remember how the first phrase went, having just finished 25 reps of the second, LOL! But because I paused for the memory lapses I managed to keep fairly loose until the end, which is actually the beginning of Phrase 3, so I didn't practice it today. Then, oh my, what faces!



The subsequent clips are very telling for where my issues are - before every shift , and at the beginning of every phrase. No problemo!







Tomorrow I will focus specifically on "preparing the relaxation" before shifts and phrases. Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.