Thursday, April 1

Thu (~1200)

Yes, I have practiced this week, but not logged it.
Sun - 2 church svcs, decided to take a practice day off
Mon - ~25 min before lesson
Tue - ~30 min, 10 min of open G
Wed - ~40 min, 10 min of open G

Today ~ 30 min
10 min - open G. This is hard to do if focused on the time, so I have been setting the timer. Rotate focus between string contact, hand motion, arm motion. Each day it's different. When my head finally gets into it it is very relaxing, and has already been paying huge dividends, with more ringing sound.

10 min - Handel 1st mvmt
Changed the fingerings for the opening thumb position at lesson. Sounding choked rather than hymn-like was the impetus for my technical changes this week. Now there is much more shifting, and focus on linked legato. Really tells on me if I get tense!

10 min - Handel 2nd mvmt
Again, it's mostly about staying relaxed and balanced. Changed a shift - the ascending into TP scale. Instead of going from 1 in ext to thumb on MSH, I pup the thumb up on E as cart of the ext motion (E F# G#) and shift on the thumb to MSH. Pretty cool - we'll see if I can risk it in rehearsal!

Was planning to practice more after scheduled afternoon activities. Rehearsal went well, though. I scrapped most of my new fingerings - too unreliable under pressure with the performance next week - but the new bowing style worked well. Coach commented that I sounded louder. WoOt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.