Sunday, December 6

20 min
Played in church this morning, but only one service and it didn't seem like we played much. So came home and did a 20 min warmup/refresher in preparation for the recital in a couple of hours.

~5 min Popper #9 twice through, first at moderate dancing tempo and then fast. There are still 2 somewhat chromatic passages that fall apart when I play it fast. Another round of slow work for tomorrow.

~15 min Tarantella. First at slightly faster than I should play it in performance (based on a couple of memory slips and really ragged ascending scale passages). Worked on gesture for the asc. scale, again, in yet another way. This time I did the finger patterns in first position until they became balanced - 1 half 2, 1 whole 2, 1whole 2 3. Then tried the scale focusing on keeping the finger feeling while moving my arm upward as a separate component. Worth spending some more time on after the recital, as I think it's too late to help for today, but useful.

Interesting how every time I play it through something else seems to jump out to become a problem. Nature of the beast, I guess.

Concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.