Wednesday, December 30

30 min
Oy, it's been a longer break than I thought, though I did miss recording a couple of very short practices since my last log. The last time I played was at Sunday morning services before Christmas, 12/20. No, I had one of those short practices before my lesson on 12/21, but didn't play at all during that lesson. We discussed the musical map of Breval C in detail and discussed memorization strategies.

Anyway, I'm returning to practicing after a needed holiday layoff, but next week I spring back into a full schedule, including new orchestra music. Today was 30 minutes of relaxed, musical playing, with no work to speak of.

D MAJ, 4 octaves, linked halfs
Then I read through most of Suzuki Bk 4, since I wanted to run through Breval and it was convenient. That would include
Breval Sonata in C, Allegro and Rondo grazioso
Marcello Sonata in e, Adagio and Allegro
Bach Suite I Minuets
Tchaikovsky Chanson Triste
Suzuki Etude for changing strings
Scale in C, commonly used notes in tenor clef
Major scales in 2 octaves, fast half notes, C,G,D,A,E,Ab,Eb,Bb,F

It was a good half hour - I think I'll be ready to play some more tomorrow, and maybe even start working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.