Thursday, December 10

33 min
First, I spent 2-3 minutes tuning, as all of Emma's pegs had slipped and they don't stick very well once loosened.

Warmed up, as planned in lesson, with a run through of Tarantella. It's pretty ragged when played off first thing. Spent a little time exploring the desc scale from Bb. ~7 min

Offenbach 4tet Adagio. Changed my fingers for the Vc1 melody yet again. Stopped trying to do the double extension from C#1 to F#4 to B1 all on I. Instead, C#1 shift to F#3 on I over to B# on II, then down from there. We'll see how it sounds in ensemble.

Worked the high treble part. First, the timing trick D- showed me last week in rehearsal works great for geting the first G after the rest. In sum, I move from c chord to G4-I on first beat to G2-I an octave higher on the next beat. The shift is then just an octave shift from 4th finger to 2nd finger, and the beats keep everything organized.

Next I played the 4 patterns on the piano, got it in my ear, noted the intervals, and worked out fingering. It feels much more secure now.

Worked out the little transitional scale G Ab Bb C D and the little fancy 1/16th note flourish near the end.

Stopped when my attention started flagging and took a break to write down what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.