Wednesday, October 14

15 min
More Cellobratons: Classics for Four Cellos
arr and ed by Rosalyn Heuer and Joan Harrison
My assignment for quartet tomorrow night is to be prepared to play the Vc1 parts in this volume, so this block was dedicated to reading through them. Got exactly half way through, so hopefully that means one more block and I will at least be familiar with them.

Today:
Chopin Cantabile from cello sonata in g
Dvorak Bagatelles #1 and #5
Brahms Finale from Symphony #1
Beethoven Ode to Joy

They're pretty decent arrangements, and not too hard, though a few spots could stand a little fingering attention.

And I just remembered that I need to find my Offenbach quartet and take a look at the 1st movement. That will take more than just a reading. Now, where did I leave that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.