Sunday, October 4

I took 2 days off for no very good reason, so figured I had better practice today. It was a short morning in church - only one service, and other than being there an hour early for rehearsal that took only 20 minutes.

24 min
Started with a Feuillard warmup. Did a #33 detache, then slurred bowings on #34. After about 4 min jumped into the Bach chord section. Finally realized that the "Bach bowing" I have been doing on #34 (up/down over 2 strings) is not going to do it for an alternative, since Bach is actually over 3 strings. Spent some time learning the chords to Feuillard #35, which is 3-note chords, and did some "Bach bowing" there. The again ran through most of the rest of the prelude.

I still feel like this isn't very good practice, as I am not absolutely committed to the bowings that I have chosen. I suppose I should just commit and then really practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.