Friday, September 3

Fri 35 min

15 min - Bach Prelude #4. Started off by watching a Rostropovich YouTube video.



(I looove YouTube. Do you realize how much learning a piece has changed in the past decade thanks to YouTube?). Went back and forth with my Casals edition and the video in the first few measures. Funny, what feels like a big extension to me looks like nothing for those long fingers.

A bit confused about how to play the 3d chord, so also looked at a couple of other videos:





...and finally pulled out my Behringer/Peter Howard edition. Filled the rest of the time with trying some of those fingerings. I think the most important thing about playing these chords is to decide on fingerings and commit to them.

5 min - Mooney TP 1, from the last song in Pattern I, The Hundred Pipers, thru the first 2 prep exercises in Pattern II. Trying to keep up on my fingertips while keeping my arm on the cello. Better today than yesterday.

5 min - Suzuki Bk 1, C MAJ arp tonalization on p19, 4 octave C MAJ scale in linked quarters, Etude at a variety of tempi and with double note bowing, The Happy Farmer and Minuet in C.

10 min - Beethoven Symphony No 5, Andante con moto, 2nd theme in 1/16 notes.

My intonation is so much better today, and the extensions don't feel nearly as far. Glad I have another week to "goof off" before starting back in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.