Thursday, September 2

Thu 30 min

15 min - Bach Prelude #4. I shall soon have to actually start working on this, as I have reached the point where just playing around feels fruitless. Discovered that I don't appear to be able to reach a major third when extended in half position. Hmmm. Hope this is an intonation issue, but fear my hand may have tightened with the time off. Oh well, it will stretch again. Therefore concentrated on intonation, old finger shifts, and finger substitutions where appropriate.

5 min - Mooney TP 1, 1st pattern, Soldier's Joy, Arkansas Traveller, and first 2/3 of The Hundred Pipers. Put a sticky note in the book to keep my place as I keep reading through. My thumb position sounds really awful, I must say. Remembering to keep my arm on the cello instead of hovering above it, though.

5 min - Suzuki Bk 1, from G Maj tonalization and Perpetual Motion to Rigadoon. Ditto on the sticky note. Having fun playing these as musically as possible. Could stand to work on vibrato.

5 min - Beethoven Symphony No 5, Andante con moto, 1st theme statement. Thanks to Emily for the alterations to Rose's fingerings. (What was he thinking?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.