Wednesday, September 8

Wed 40 min

10 min - Bach Prelude #4, first half on last 4 measures with varying tempos and slurs, then added the preceding 6 measures of open chord patterns.

10 min - Mooney TP Bk 1, Pattern II daily warmups, Crawdad, The Devil's Dream, The California Traveller. These had some fun arpeggio/broken chord patterns. Today before practicing I painted my thumb callous with New Skin, since I had the bottle out to cover a healing puncture wound (cat claw) at the lateral base of my left index finger (nice bruise on the palm below the mcp crease, BTW). Not sure how effective that was, but this seems to be a good way to work up my thumb position tolerance. More time spent because I'm less bored, with many new pieces to read through.

10 min - Suzuki 2, Chorus from "Judas Maccabaeus", Hunter's Chorus, Musette from English Suite No. 3, March in G, Theme from "Witches' Dance", The Moon Over the Ruined Castle tonalization. 1st - 2nd position shifts and (mostly) backward extensions.

10 min - Beethoven 5. Realized I wrote about sixteenth notes yesterday when I meant 32nds, and edited yesterday's post. Then I noted another brain cramp, having labeled it Mon, so changed that, too. Today I worked on the 2nd half of the 32nd note theme stmt, again with metronome at 80, but went from 32nd notes to 16th notes. I didn't go back to look at the first half to figure out whether today's section seemed easier because it is, or because I was just prepped by yesterday's work.

I was going to add another block or two after a 30 min lunch break, but was feeling some achiness in my right forearm and got distracted by chores. I'll see what I feel like a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.