Saturday, March 6

64 min (2016-2120)
I didn't feel like practicing tonight. Really didn't. I'm tired from being out too late last night, getting up too early, and probably tasting too many good Burgundies with dinner. I'm also still having twinges at my elbow. But I learned my lesson at the last concert, and know I can't slack off completely the day before the performance.

So I switched to a different bow, and practiced an easy hour. Started off with C MAJ warming up right hand, left hand, and releasing unnecessary tension. Then a Breval run trough concentrating on relaxation and trying to ignore the sound. However, as I got warmed up the sound got better and better, a nice side effect.

I decided if nothing else I was going to run the symphony, so I did, again focusing more on staying relaxed than getting the notes. Played through without breaks it is only about 25 min long. Afterward I flipped backwards, doing a little focused work on tricky bits, and reveling in the cello soli in the slow movement.

Feel better after than I did before, so I would call that a pretty good practice. And I think that between the focus on relaxation and changing the bow, and probably the ibuprofen, my elbow feels pretty good. I'm going to go ice it now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.