Thursday, March 4

65 min
This morning I had another @EmilyCello lesson, at which she coached me through practicing two sixteenth note runs in the first mvmt of the Schumann and also my melodic solo in Offenbach. I learned more about choosing optimal fingerings, how to apply rhythm variations to working up fast passages, alternating slow and fast, and how to work on old finger shifts. Though, the shifting stuff still feels a little vague. The themes of deep practice are Find Your Discomfort and Just Do the Thing. What a great week it's been.

For practice this evening I brushed up on the Schumann work, and played through with the recording. Pretty basic practice, but I know this symphony so much better after one week of practice than I usually know one after 6 or 8 weeks. Regular play throughs early in the learning process will henceforth be part of my orchestra practice routine. It's fun to feel competent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.