Friday, March 26

Fri 0:40 (1710-1750)

A short practice today, partly because I am feeling very dispirited, and partly because I got myself into a time crunch and that's all I have had available so far today, and I'm not likely to have any more time later.

Started out with the Faure Apres un Reve, gooey shifts and memorizing the opening. The treble clef section is more problematic, both because of the position and because I am less confident that I am interpreting the fingerings correctly.

Did a short period of actual work on the Handel that we (cello quartet) plan to perform in a couple of weeks. Buffed up two small fingerings, but was otherwise discouraged that I am never going to have the volume and tone the coach wants.

Ah, well. Moving on, warmed down by pfutzing around with a Gabrielli ricercar one of our other quartet members is going to perform at the recital, than a bad run through of the top part of the Canon a Duo.

Some days, the bear eats you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.