Tuesday, March 16

Tue 2:00 (1140-1340)

33 min Haydn C exposition
Jumped right into Haydn without an official warmup. Played phrases from music then from memory. Not quite ready to commit, as I noted that now that I have fingerings c/w T4's wishes, the bowings in the Suzuki vs. Henle editions are quite different. I need to double check those before I really get down to memorizing. Will also need more repetitions to cement in that simple fingering change in the first measure, shifting to 1 on D instead of 3 on E. I also need to make a copy of the Henle version (which I have now) and jettison the Suzuki ed, which is more confusing than helpful.

26 min Haydn C passagework section
Spent 5 min on A, 5 min on A+B, and the remainder on B (chords). Worked the chords from the beginning, pizz, linking patterns. Finished with the bow, single bow per note, as much from memory as possible.

40 min Cello Quartet music
Handel - mvmt 2, 1
Offenbach - exposition
Boismortier - mvmt 1-4, 2
Big volume in fortes with relaxed bow hand. Shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.