Tuesday, March 2

Start 1300
Fudging the clock today. I did my 10 min of Breval after @EmilyCello's inspiring cello lesson, took a break for lunch, and came back for a 2 hour practice block. I actually started at 1310, so the math works out.

Primary item of business was again Schumann Symphony No 1. Today I started from the end, fingered and worked out the rhythms in the 4th movement, then played the entire symphony with the recording. Touched up 4th movement stuff, then took a 15 min break.

Back at work, played the 4th mvmt with the metronome at the orch tempo, then again with the recording. Not sure why, but the recording felt slower. Maybe I am just finally learning it!

Turned to the 3d mvmt, and repeated the process - fingerings, rhythms, play with metronome, play with recording. This time the recording was definitely slower than the marked tempo. Either the conductor is dreaming, or there was a transcription error in that metronome marking!

Rehearsal tonight, so I'll see how my work is paying off.

End 1516
Total time: 2:15
Total practice ~2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.