Monday, March 1

Start 1812
I don't have a timer here, so I took 2 10-15 min breaks in one 2.5 hour practice block. The time was distributed as follows:

Breval run through. I need some more work on those trills, but the chords are coming along nicely.

Played Schumann Symphony No 1 with John Eliot Gardner and the Revolutionary and Romantic Orchestra, or whatever it is in English. My favorite Schumann recording. Too speedy to play all the notes, but I got a good feel for things. That took ~40 min.

After a short break, I fingered the first movement, and did some metronome work on the rhythms. I guess that took another 40 min or so.

After the last break I played through the first movement with the recording again. No way I'm going to get those tricky little sixteenth note scale fragments at this tempo, but the rest went pretty well.

I need to get in another good afternoon of work on the rest of the symphony tomorrow afternoon before rehearsal, but it should go faster - fewer tricky bits.

End 2036
Total time: 2:24
Total practice ~2 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.