Wednesday, March 24

Wed 1:19 (1023-1142)

Before beginning, I spent a little over half an hour copying practice parts for the new orchestra music. I don't know why that task always takes so long, but it does. It's quite an eclectic mix, with especially challenging rhythm pieces. Ick.

Started my warmup up with a C MAJ scale, galamian 3 octaves with a variety of bowings. Further warmed up my left hand with a pass through de Swert, then tried some thirds in F. Working with the idea that in the upper octaves the shift is either always to the same interval or the opposite (major or minor third). Still not great success, but it seemed considerably better than in the past.

Did one Breval run through and two Chanson Triste. Thinking it's time to record those again to assess progress. Are they possibly ready to send in as a Suzuki audition?

On to Capriccio Italienne, about 40 minutes of work on the scales and the cello soli section. Sometimes I focused on my shifting Thing, but not enough. I'm afraid I really hate this piece, due to its utter impossibility at tempo.

We don't have orchestra rehearsal next week, so hopefully I can make some significant progress on the rep before the next. I'd hate to spend the rest of the season continuing to worry about getting fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.