Monday, February 15

30 min
Back on the practicing bandwagon. I have a lesson this evening, and our orchestra concert is this coming weekend.

This block I began with 10 minutes of Breval, a play through followed by some work on the trills. A 2 octave D trill exercise went far to improve the timing. Then a little focused work in making sure my bow was in the string at the beginning of strokes, and feeling left hand balance.

That was in preparation for the last 20 minutes, spent looking at Haydn C, the exposition and other Theme 1 sections. The 1st and 3d are very similar, just varying in what they lead into. The 2nd goes back and forth into 5th position. I think I will be ready to discuss bow distribution, shifting, and practice approaches tonight, along with reviewing my organization work from last week.

I have one more thing to do with my cut-out pages - write the road map on top of each page and circle where the excerpts lie. That is to help with learning sequence while working from the excerpt pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.