Wednesday, February 10

Today I spent 2 hours analyzing the first mvmt of Haydn C. I resorted to brute force, making an extra copy then dissecting it with a pair of scissors. That forced me to identify the motifs in order to categorize each appropriately. As I tweeted earlier, here are my results:

By section
Theme 1 x3; Theme 2A x2, 2B x2, 2C x5, 2D x3, 2E x4; double stop Interlude x3; passage work A, B, A+B x1@

In order
1,2A,2B,2C,2D,ds,2C,2E,2C,1,2A,pwA,pwB,2D,ds,2E,1,2B,2C,pwA+B,2E,2C,2D,ds,2E,cad

It was a good day's work, but with the extra driving to take Magoo to and from the vet for his cryptorchidectomy I ran out of time to actually practice. I had church orchestra rehearsal in the evening though, so an hour of "touched my cello" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.