Monday, February 8

30 min
I was going to practice for 45 min, but ran out of gas. Left it for too late.

Warmed up with a Breval run through. Sounds amazingly good on a real cello, having played for a week on the Prakticello with no sound to speak of.

Got a note from our Principal Cellist upon my return, listing trouble spots to pay extra attention to. That was very helpful! A little worried that she says cellos are doing well - hope that still holds true when I get back to rehearsal tomorrow! Spent about 20 minutes on Tchaikovsky Capricio Italienne (I hope that is spelled somewhere near correctly). I guess we are going to play this at the concert - first mention since Day 1. As she says, not hard, but fast. Just familiarizing myself with the scale passages.

Last 5 minutes on the soli section of Spartacus, 3d movement, reh 13. Only 6 or 8 measures. Intonation is the tricky part.

Tomorrow I'll focus on the highlighted sections of Shosty 5. I would also like to spend a little time looking at Haydn C, which I forgot to take to Hawai'i, to start preparing for next week's lesson. (I canceled tonight due to continuing snow and very bad roads. Discretion, valor, and all that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.