Monday, February 15

No I did not practice this weekend, but I "touched my cello" both days.

On Saturday we had the (only) rehearsal with choir for a memorial service to be played on Sunday. It's a rather nice idea, a choral concert in memory of the chorus members who have died in the past number of years. My orchestra rehearses at the church, and in return for free use of the space during the year we contribute to the church music needs a couple of times a year.

The two pieces: Lux Aeterna, by Morten Lauridsen, a modern requiem in the traditional format, and O Light of Life! by Mac Wilberg. I believe it's the second mvmt of the Lauridsen that has a beautiful cello solo in treble clef, up to violin position, as I call it. I was glad I didn't have to play it, but our fill-in principal did a beautiful job.

Sunday morning I played one service in church, just congregational accompaniment, and then the memorial service in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.