Monday, February 1

45 min
Another practice in the room, doors flung wide open to the surf. Pretty nice routine. I've increased my time to 45 min, too.

Again started with a Breval run through. It's starting to sound better with the cold start - I feel like I know it much better. Spent just a few seconds repeating the broken chord/string x-ing measures before moving on...

..to today's work, the Largament at reh 36 in Shosty 5 1st mvmt. So I spent the bulk of my practice time on 3 lines of music, doing and re-doing fingerings. The breakthrough finally came when I understood the use of the thumb marking on the F 2 measures before 38. Re-marked everything before that to go up and down the A string, instead of high on the D as I had before. That will be much better with the fffffff dynamic marking penciled in at 37.

I think tomorrow I will consolidate all of the work I have done this week on the 1st mvmt, before moving on to the 2nd on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.