Thursday, February 4

Thursday

45 min
This may be my last practice in paradise. Travel day tomorrow.

Started with Breval. Each day it feels more comfortable, like I have more room for thought in between the notes. Then Tarantella, with a minute or two of focused work on the scale runs after playing it through. It seems like the big issue is timing of the shifts, still, moving on the old bow so that I am on the note in time for the new stroke.

Shosty 5, mvmt 4. This is feeling manageable, with just a couple of fast runs and high spits, plus intonation on the broken chords at reh 119, where I spent most of my time.

Last 10-15 min for Spartacus. Picked up in the 1st mvmt where I left off at reh 10. Still need a bit of work at the Tempo I at reh 12. Continued into the 2nd mvmt 'Discord in Spartacus' Camp. Dance of Greek Woman.' Not too challenging until I hit a nasty patch of treble clef broken chords with molto accidentals at reh 15. I'll resume there next time.

A final lazy afternoon after a stop at the gym. Maybe a walk, a dip, a nice dinner. Tough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.