Monday, February 22

Start 1317

30 min Breval
Switching gears, Russian orchestra music is all filed away. Started with an easy run through to warm up, then pulled out the Suzuki CD. I think this is the order I did things:
* Play through from memory with the recorded accompaniment
* Play through from memory as the CD played on, so "nonsense" surrounding noise
Then without accompaniment
* With the music, practicing contralateral body/bow motion. Had to slow down the tempo. That is backward to my natural instinct
* Repetitions focusing on the last note in the phrase, which I am tending to chop off.
There is so much that could still be improved - wish I could figure out how to do it.

30 min Haydn C
Three 10 minute blocks, working from my excerpt sheets. First the exposition and its very similar 3d statement (not the higher 2nd), then through Theme 2A, B and half of C, primarily working out the rhythmic variations as none of these are very high. I am still in familiarization mode with this concerto. Probably my biggest technical focus is releasing tension and allowing the bow to be in the string at the start of each stroke. Need to get advice about how to start learning the chord bowing variations in the development section.

Stop 1434
Total time: 1:17
Practice time: 60 min

I had planned to go another 45 min but there were too many interruptions. Not sure if I will get back to things for another round, or consider that sufficient for today, as I do have a lesson tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.