Thursday, February 18

Start 1805

I am not a fan of more than one contiguous practice time in a day. However, I feel like I need to do at least a mental brush up before quartet tonight. But before I start, I need to run upstairs and turn off the curling coverage (and check who is calling, but decide not to answer the phone).

10 min - Handel 2nd mvmt
At a variety of speeds, attention to shifts, intonation in the passage work. Producing volume with bow speed.

10 min - Handel 1st mvmt
Twice as many repetitions of the opening section in thumb position as the following section, with only once through of the end. Intonation, left arm balance, releasing tension.

10 min - Offenbach
A couple of passes through the melody and reviewing the squeaky high section, then spent most of the time on the cadenza. I think my choice for the timing today is a little better. We'll see.

End 1846
Total time: 41 min
Practice time: 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.