Tuesday, February 9

48 min
I think I'm over my jet lag; finally felt like practicing.

Started with the Breval run through and a couple of spot checks, then decided it was time for some Haydn. Began with the chord bowing pattern at 71 (down 3, 3 sep) on Feuillard 35 (3 note chords), then looked at the chords in the music. The pattern isn't as vanilla, as there are also slurred up chords in lieu of the 3 seps. A couple of fingering issues I need to check on. Spent the last couple of minutes on the exposition.

When the 18 min beeper went off (leftover from last night) I switched to Shosty 5. Worked the trouble spots in the 1st mvmt according to Principal's notes, plus one extra of mine. It's coming along, but of course the test will be at tempo at rehearsal later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.