Tuesday, January 12

1:15 (over about 3 hours)
Day 5. Spent all my practice time today working on orchestra music, specifically, the first two movements of Shostakovitch Symphony #5. I started (before the timer went on) by listening to a recording, cello part in hand. The practice time was spent deciphering the fingerings. Slow going, especially the first movement. I have a hard time sitting in the chair to attack stuff like this, so the timer is a great boon.

However, I've had enough. I'm not up to speed with some of those tricky accidental-filled scale and broken chord passages, but at least I don't think I'll get lost tonight. Now I'll go listen again while I am preparing to consume some yummy polenta I cooked while practicing this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.