Saturday, January 2

30 min
Day 2. So far so good. I'm thinking I need to aim for 21 days in a row at my 30 min limit before trying to lengthen it.

Today I set the timer for a 30 minute countdown and started at the end of Breval C. Working backward phrase-by-phrase, and playing several reps through to the end with each new phrase, I had just arrived at the midpoint double bar when time was up. This should make the end much more secure. I found that as I approached the end of the time I was able to focus more on the moment to moment kinesthetics and less on the auditory memory of where I should be going next. That is very good.

Tomorrow I will review the second half from the midpoint, then do a backward phrase-by-phrase through the first half.

Topic for next lesson: review all the trills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.