Tuesday, January 19

30 min
Day 2. A bit late in the morning, but another successful "no Internet until after practice" morning. Today's project is Shosty 5, mvmt 3. I didn't quite get the whole movement fingered in the first 30 minutes. Here is the part where I am currently stalled, thinking about optimal shifts in the treble clef section. And no, I didn't make all of those red pencil marks on the part. I don't know who thought that would be helpful.



I figure another 10-15 minutes on this section, and maybe 5 minutes on one short chromatic section near the end of the movement.

So why did I stop after 30 minutes instead of forging ahead? It's been a long time since I had a daily practice schedule. Surprisingly, after only a week of daily 30 minute sessions I am feeling some twinges in both elbows. It's prudent to limit the length of sessions until I am more battle hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.