Friday, January 22

30 min
Day 5. A busy day, and I didn't have time to practice before I left the house. Then in the afternoon I needed a nap more than I had a desire to practice. So it got left to the last thing, and I wouldn't exactly call it practice, but I did play for a half hour, and i did work on a couple of things.

I was going to jump right in to Bach, but Pi was sitting on my music stack, so instead I began with a D MAJ scale, then a d min scale. Played the first section of Prelude #2, but not from my marked part. Frustratingly bad since I last played it months and months ago, so played Prelude #3 instead. I can get through it now, but it's certainly not something I would want anyone else to hear.

Switched to current work, played Breval C followed by Squire Tarantella from memory. Worked a few minutes on the bow distribution of the opening phrases of the Squire with mm dq=84. Discovered that out, tip, in works for the first couple of phrases, then balance point for the next section. My previous tendency was to keep everything mid bow. We'll see if that flies next time it gets evaluated.

Last minutes spent on the opening thumb position in Handel. I really could use some tone production work in thumb position. I wish I knew what to do, as it all "looks OK," but just sounds bad.

So blah, but at least I played. I expect the next 2 days to be problematic as well, as I have stuff booked in the mornings. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.