Friday, January 15

30 min
Day 8. Started the session by warming up with something irrelevant: Duport #1. Another quartet member showed us a bit of what he was working on last night - quite nice. Double stops are the primary technical problem, and it's quite melodic. Today I spent 20 minutes on learning the first phrase. Actually, before I started I took a look on YouTube and couldn't find a recording. It always seems to lake longer when I don't have an auditory idea to start with. It was a good warm up, though, so I'm thinking of continuing a phrase at a time, rather than continuously reviewing what I have worked on each session. I figure I'm using it as a warm up, and if at the end of a couple of months I can actually play it, that will be a bonus!

Spent the last 10 minutes on Handel D suite Adagio. I should have been prepared to play this at rehearsal last night, but it had just slipped my mind. Fortunately, I had fingered it last month, so the reading wasn't awful. Well enough, in fact, that it's been added to our repertoire list. Today I reviewed my fingering choices, which were basically good, marked in a few more shifts, and just played it for familiarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.