Sunday, January 10

30 min
Day 3. Long day in church this morning. Up at 5:45 for a 6:58 call (though Chadwick actually woke me up at 5:00. Silly cat didn't want me to oversleep the alarm, I guess.) Two services, so finished around 11:10. I am surprised I managed to get myself off the couch for a "real" practice, but I had an hour between the end of the Arizona vs Green Bay game and the beginning of Chuck, 3d season premiere. So, woo hoo, I did it!

After warming up with some semblance of my trill on scale exercise, I jumped right in to Breval. Worked the trill timing a bit, then played phrases. After awhile I realized that one of the reasons I am having trouble with the timing of the trills and triplets is that I am rushing, though subtly, I hope. So out came metronome. I did 3 play throughs, at qu=92,96,100. OK, maybe my rushing isn't so subtle, because the triplets really seem slow at those markings. I'm looking forward to feedback on how musical things sound from another perspective at my lesson tomorrow. Maybe I should record a spot check, so I can judge for myself. Also, I still need to do some "start at random spots" so I can make sure my memory isn't a simple train of physical gestures. Always something for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.