Wednesday, January 27

12 min
Spent most of the morning out and most of the afternoon asleep. I think it was a combination of antihistamine, 2 allergy shots, and H1N1 shot.

Had a few minutes to practice while preparing dinner before everyone arrived to eat it. A really good 12 minutes it was, working on the Handel, 2nd mvmt. I got into a rhythm on the runs, double minting shifts as needed. It was really quite pleasant. Nice what happens when I don't feel under pressure.

I read about a local cello teacher whose on-going resolution is to touch the cello every day. He's missed only 4 days in 12 years. Maybe I can't do 30 min of "practice" every day, but I could probably touch the cello, which I would interpret as meaning take it off the stand, tune, and at least play a lick of something. Maybe I'll start that instead of trying for 21 days of practice after vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.