Wednesday, January 13

30 min
Day 6. Late practice tonight. I was beginning to think about not practicing today, but fortunately DH went on to play Bejeweled after our late dinner, so since I wasn't interrupting his sleep I figured I should practice.

Started with Popper Easy #7 to warm up. Alas, I have lost a lot of it in the few weeks since I last played it. Went on to Breval, a play through followed by starting at each numbered part from the end, to the end. I know I have some stuff to work on, but tonight is not a working night, thanks to the late hour and the Waterstone with dinner. So I just focused on one thing I know I need to work on after my spot check: starting each note cleanly. Those 6 partial repetitions took over 20 min, so with 5 min left I pulled out Shosty 5 and worked on the first scale passage in the 1st mvmt. I have a lot of work to do on this piece, so every 5 min counts.

It feels good to have not given into the temptation to skip practice. It would be better if I could figure out how to fit a daily practice time into my routine, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and constructive criticism welcomed.